EMPLOYEE TRAININGSafe Schools Modules
Act 44, Article XIII-B, Section 1310-B mandates school districts to provide all employees with mandatory training on school safety and security. Training must address: situational awareness, trauma-informed education awareness, suicide and bullying awareness, substance use awareness and emergency training drills, including fire, natural disaster, active shooter, hostage situation and bomb threat. All employees must complete three hours of training annually.To support our employees in meeting this mandate, the District has now contracted with SafeSchools Training, a web-based platform where employees can view videos in order to fulfill these PA requirements. We will no longer be using Global Compliance Network (GCN) as our vendor.All employees that are new to the District this school year must complete the following three (3) courses:
New employees who are completing these three (3) mandated courses will not be required to complete them again until the 2023-2024 school year. (For current employees who have not yet completed these required courses, we encourage you to do so this school year in order to fulfill your mandate.)All employees are expected to comply with meeting the three (3) hour requirement by April 30, 2018. Supervisors and employees are expected to work together to develop dates/times for the requirements to be fulfilled during the normal work day.In order to access the courses, please follow the directions below:
- PA Act 71 - Youth Suicide: Awareness and Prevention
- PA Act 126 - Child Abuse Recognition and Mandatory Reporting (Part 1) and Educator Discipline Act and Sexual Misconduct (Part 2).
- Go to: https://centennialsd-pa.safeschools.com/login
- Your login is your Centennial e-mail address (e.g., John Smith would be SmitJo@CentennialSD.org) and
- No password is required.
- Click on “My Assignments”.
- Courses are listed as Mandatory or Suggested. Select any course by clicking on the name of the
course. Complete the training scenario and the assessment to receive completion credit for the
course. You will need to print out the Certification of Completion once you successfully
complete the course as documentation for compensation.
- Questions – Please contact Lissa S. Johnson, Interim HR Director, at JohnLi@CentennialSD.org.