Centennial School District
Teacher Development Program for Equity and Excellence
The Centennial School District announces the launch of its Teacher Development Program for Equity and Excellence for the 2019-2020 school year. In partnership with Source4Teachers, we will be hiring certified teachers who are members of ethnically underrepresented groups and other underrepresented groups looking for an authentic teaching experience as a building substitute in one of the District's six schools.
Individuals will be employed by Source4Teachers, but will receive District professional development (for Act 48 credit) and training, be given primary consideration for long term substitute teacher vacancies within the District, and be guaranteed interviews for upcoming teaching vacancies within the District. District training on interviewing techniques and resume-writing will also be provided.
Individuals will work approximately 190 days in a designated school for the year (for one year). Individuals will be assigned to specific buildings and assignments will vary day-to-day.
Who: Certified teachers who are members of ethnically underrepresented groups and other underrepresented groups looking for an authentic teaching experience as a building substitute for the 2019-2020 school year. Indivduals must possess a valid PA teaching certificate, an emergency permit, or are working on obtaining a valid PA teaching certificate.
What: A partnership between Centennial School District and Source4Teachers where individuals can gain valuable teaching experience and professional development in a dynamic and innovative school district.
- Approximately 190 days per year @ $165 per day
- Attend specialized professional development and earn Act 48 credits
- Primary consideration for long term substitute (LTS) teacher vacancies
- Guaranteed interview for teaching vacancies
- Learn interviewing skills and techniques
- Build your resume
How to Be Considered: Email the following information toDr. Carol Tolx Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Valid PA Teaching Certificate(s)
- Name and Contact Information for Three (3) References (References should include superintendents, principals, or professors who have first-hand knowledge of your professional competence and your personal qualifications. Experienced teachers should include the superintendent and principal of the two most recent schools in which employed.)
- Essay - We are interested in your ability to organize and express thoughts on a specific topic in a succinct manner. Please select one of the following topics and write a (no more than) one page essay.
- What are the three most important qualities of an outstanding educator?
- How you would use technology to improve your effectiveness as an educator?
- What does "Equity and Excellence for All" mean to you as an educator?
The deadline to submit the above information is August 1, 2019. Interviews will be conducted during the months of June, July, and August. Successful candidates will be forwarded on to Source4Teachers for employment processing.
Questions: For questions, please contact Dr. Carol Tolx, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 441-6000, Ext. 11031.