Music ProgramsThe Music Department
Log College sponsors an outstanding and award winning music performance program.
Directors:Ms Lenox - 6th Grade Band, 7th-8th Grade Band,Orchestra, Jazz Band and General Music
Ms. Duchene - Chorus, Select Chorus and Concert Choir
Tips For Students
- Have a set of goals for each practice session.
- Look at each section before you play it for key signature, key, rhythms and notes.
- Practice the parts you can't play first, then go through the whole composition.
- Practice parts slowly the work them up to tempo.
- During your practice session play some songs you enjoy.
- Practice with a friend, you can help each other out.
- Play for family or relatives, they'll love to hear you play.
- The more you play the easier it will become, but sometimes it takes time.
Information for You
Music students traditionally score higher on academic achievement tests
Music helps develop self- discipline, which helps support good study habits.
Studying music can help in other academic areas such as math and reading.