Lunch & Recess GroupsCounseling groups will be held throughout the school year. These groups are typically once per week for 6-8 weeks during students' recess or lunch time in my office. The groups are not “therapy” groups but more educational and supportive in nature. We will be having discussion, playing games, reading books, and doing activities related to the topic of the group.
Parents, staff members, and students themselves may refer for a group. You will be notified if you child is interested in participating in a group. If you would like your child to participate in a particular group or have questions, please contact me.
Some group topics include:
- "Temper Tamers" (Anger/Stress Management)
- F.I.S.H. - Families in Separate Homes (divorce, step-families, etc.)
- "Worry Warriors" (dealing with stress and worries)
- "Healing Hearts" (coping with the loss of a family member, friend, or pet)
- "Optimus Primes" (learn optimism; how to think more positively and not dwell on the negative)
- "Fabulous Friends" (making and keeping friends, getting along with peers, sharing, taking turns, etc.)
- "UFO" (understanding feelings and ourselves)
- "Self Control Patrol" (learning to resist impulses and stop and think about our choices)