Practice tips for parents and students!!
- Encourage your child to practice. As a beginner it’s advised to practice about 5x a week for 20 minutes. Little bits at a time and often, is better than a long time only once or twice a week.
- Listen to your child practice. At the end of the week or month hold a mini recital for your family.
- Try to practice the same time everyday. Some students even practice a little before school starts.
- If you become frustrated with something, stop and come back to it later that night.
Be prepared for your lessons and Band. You will need:
- Reeds (for clarinet and saxophone
- Valve oil or slide oil (for trumpet trombone)
- Rosin and shoulder rest (for violin and viola)
- Music book and band/orchestra music
The more you play your instrument, the better you’ll get. This includes at
home and at school.