Welcome to the William Tennent High School webpage! We trust you will find the information insightful, interesting and informative with respect to the many educational and extracurricular opportunities available for the students, parents, and community.
We currently serve approximately 1,750 students in grades nine through twelve. As the administrative team, we are extremely proud and privileged to work alongside a dynamic professional team of teachers, counselors, and support staff who believe that children come first in all aspects of the educational and extracurricular programming. Additionally, we take extreme pride in working as a team (students, parents, teachers, counselors, support staff, and administrators) to address the many complexities of promoting and fostering success for high school students.At William Tennent High School, our instructional programming, extracurricular opportunities, and student services are guided by our organizational vision:Why we do what we do?We have an intrinsic motivation to empower children to believe a brighter future is possible, and to provide them with the requisite skills to succeed.
How we do what we do?
- Forging positive relationships between staff, students, parents, community members, and alumni
- Providing each student the opportunity to develop intellectually, emotionally, physically, and socially in a safe and orderly environment
- Utilizing data to inform decision-making processes
- Engaging in opportunities for professional growth
- Being reflective in our practices
What do we do?
Thank you for taking the time to visit our webpage. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.Sincerely,Principal
- Teach students what to do when they don't know what to do
- Enable all to achieve their personal best and to be respectful, thoughtful, and independent learners
- Produce globally competitive, college and career-ready citizens who are prepared for life in the 21st century