Clearances for Current Employees
On October 22, 2014, Governor Tom Corbett signed into law Act 153 of 2014, which significantly changed the background check requirements for new and current school employees, contractors, and volunteers. The law, amended on July 1, 2015, requires employees to obtain new clearances every 60 months.Failure to comply with this State of Pennsylvania mandated requirement could result in your inability to remain in an active employee status.When do I need to obtain new clearances?
- Clearances must be renewed within 60 months from the date of the oldest clearance.
- For example, if you obtained your clearances on September 1, 2014, you will need to renew your clearances by September 1, 2019.
How do I know when my clearances expire?
- To view the dates of your clearances, please log in to the Skyward Employee Portal
- Click on Employee Information at the top
- Go to Personal Information
- Click on Custom Forms on the bottom left-hand side
- Click PA Dates. The dates that your clearances were submitted will appear
- Clearances must be renewed within 60 months from the date of the OLDEST clearance.
How do I obtain new clearances?
- Click on “Create Individual Account.”
- You must create a “Keystone ID” and follow the step-by-step directions for receiving a temporary password by email, and then creating a new password. Be sure to keep your Keystone ID as you will need this to log back into your account to create a new password.
- When results are available, you will receive an email. Log back into your account and view the official results.
- Save the results page to your computer and also print a copy for your records.
- Act 34 PA State Police Criminal History Report
- Click “Submit a New Record Check (requires a credit card)”
- Follow step-by-step directions on the site.
- Results will be available within a few minutes.
- When results are ready, click the Control number, which will bring up a registration receipt – this is not the official State Police Clearance. Please click the “CERTIFICATION FORM” link which appears below the record check details.
- Save this certificate to your computer and print a copy for your records.
- Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History Report (Online registration through IdentoGo) (The Service Code for Pennsylvania PDE School Districts is:1KG6XN.) (1) Register on-line and schedule your fingerprinting appointment. Submit the registration receipt with the UE ID number, or submit your unofficial report copy to Human Resources; (2) Report to the designated fingerprinting site to have your fingerprints submitted electronically.
What clearances do I need to submit?
Submit all three (3) clearances together to HR after you have obtained them. DO NOT send clearances individually/separately.
- Act 151 Child Abuse History Report
- Act 34 State Police Criminal History Report
- Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History Registration Form (with UE ID number on it)
How do I submit my new clearances?
Options for sending your clearances to HR (choose only one):
- E-mail your clearances as a PDF to Rose Cohen (CoheRos@CentennialSD.org) OR
- Fax your clearances to (215) 347-1386 OR
- Mail your clearances to Human Resources (48 Swan Way, Warminster, PA 18974), OR
- Contact Rose Cohen (CoheRos@CentennialSD.org) or (215) 441-6000, Ext. 11038, to schedule an appointment to drop off your clearances in person.
Please DO NOT send links to the clearances as Human Resources does not have the ability to view your clearances by clicking on the link. Please choose only one method, do not submit in duplicate. If you would like to keep copies of the clearances for your records, please make copies before you submit them to Human Resources.
Failure to comply with this State of Pennsylvania mandated requirement could result in your inability to remain in an active employee status.If you have any questions, please contact Rose Cohen (CoheRos@CentennialSD.org) or (215) 441-6000, Ext. 11038.Thank you for your cooperation!