New Employee PaperworkCongratulations and welcome to the Centennial School District! Below you will find important information and forms for you to review and complete before you can begin employment. Candidates are strongly encouraged to complete these forms as soon as possible after receiving an offer of employment.Please follow the CHECK LIST (below) and complete the required paperwork for employment with Centennial School District.Should you have any questions about completing these forms, please contact Mary Beth Van Note at (215) 441-6000, ext. 11032, or VannMa@centennialsd.org.After you have completed these forms, please schedule an appointment to complete your on-boarding with Anne Krier at (215) 441-6000, ext. 11033, or KrieAn@centennialsd.org.ALL NEW EMPLOYEES MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PAPERWORK PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT:***IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING FBI CLEARANCE DELAY:***Updated November 2017
Dear Centennial Community;
Pennsylvania Law requires that all applicants for employment in public schools, employees of independent contractors seeking business with public schools, student teacher candidates, and volunteers undergo background checks if they will have direct contact with students. In addition, current employees and volunteers are required to renew their clearances every 60 months.
The following three background checks are required:
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Federal Criminal History Record Information (CHRI)
This email is to inform you that a new contract supplier, Idemia (formerly MorphoTrust USA, LLC), will take over the fingerprinting services contract formerly held by Gemalto (formerly Cogent). While individuals who are required to provide their fingerprints to complete a federal criminal background check for employment should have an easier time navigating and completing the process thanks to the selection of a new supplier of Digital Fingerprint & Electronic Federal Criminal Background Check Services, there will be a delay in fingerprint services during the transition.
This delay will occur between November 18, 2017 and November 28, 2017.
Individuals who are not registered and fingerprinted before November 18 will have to wait until November 28 to receive those services through the new provider. The only exceptions that will be made during that timeframe will be for individuals who have an issue with a fingerprint taken prior to November 18 and will be reprinted by November 27. Those individuals who do not get their reprint by November 27 will need to re-register with the new provider and will have 90 days to get their reprint at no cost.
Please note that no fingerprint appointments (under any system) will be available at the Bucks IU from November 28 through December 5, 2017. The Bucks IU fingerprint site will be able to accept fingerprint appointments through the new vendor Morpho/IDEMIA beginning December 6, 2017.
NOTE: Under the Digital Fingerprint contract, MorphoTrust is to provide sufficient fingerprinting locations throughout the commonwealth so that no applicant will have to travel more than 25 miles to be fingerprinted. MorphoTrust and the Department of General Services have developed a roll-out schedule for 75 public center fingerprint locations, which will be complete by the end of November/first week of December. To find a site, visit https://www.identogo.com
/locations/pennsylvania. This map will continue to be updated.
For FAQs or additional information on fingerprinting services, locations or scheduling an appointment, applicants are encouraged to visit the Idemia supplier website at https://www.identogo.com/lo
cations/pennsylvania or https: //uenroll.identogo.com/.
If you have any questions about clearances for the purposes of employment or volunteering in the Centennial School District, please contact Hannah Messner, Director of Human Resources (MessHa@centennialsd.org).
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.1. Clearances (Clearances must be renewed once every 60 months thereafter)
- Act 151 PA Child Abuse History *Must be dated within 60 months of submission. We are not permitted to accept clearances older than 60 months.*
- Act 34 PA State Police Criminal History Report *Must be dated within one year of submission. We are not permitted to accept clearances older than one year.*
- Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History Report *Select “Pennsylvania Department of Education” when registering for your FBI clearance. Must be dated within one year of submission. We are not permitted to accept FBI clearances older than one year. if older than one year, you may submit a paper copy of your Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) report that is between 1 and 5 years old.*
- Complete this form with the names/contact info of your current and former employers: Mandatory Employer Disclosure Statement for Act 168. Return completed form to Mary Beth Van Note (VannMa@CentennialSD.org).
- Attach this letter to the form when sending to current and former employers: "Pass the Trash" Letter to Employers
- Act 168 Forms must be sent to current and former employers, who then must return it to HR.
- Your employment is provisional until ALL of the forms are returned to HR.
NEW TEACHERS (ONLY) MUST ALSO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PAPERWORK:1. Certificate of Prior Service (if applicable)NEW PARAPROFESSIONALS (ONLY) MUST ALSO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PAPERWORK:
- Physical Exam (Must be dated within one year of submission.)
- Results of TB Test (Must be dated within one year of submission.)