To be eligible for membership you must be a junior or a senior who:
- Has completed two English classes earning at least an A (or B if Honors or AP).
- Has an overall grade average of at least 80% since last school year.
- Has no major/multiple disciplinary infractions.
If you are inducted, you will be asked to fulfill the following membership requirements to stay active:
- Attend quarterly club meetings
- Pay membership fee. Juniors owe $15 (Includes a $10 one-time NEHS membership fee + $5 dues). Seniors owe $25 (Includes a $10 NEHS membership fee + $11 graduation medallion + $4 dues).
- Actively participate in at least one Literati Activity which enhances the literary atmosphere of our school and/or community, completed by the end of May (e.g., tutoring, assisting with or organizing events, etc.).
· Complete (or be currently enrolled in) an English elective (e.g., Public Speaking, Myth. & Lang., Creative Writing, AP Lang., etc.), or involved in an English/Communications-based club (e.g., Debate Team, Think Tank, Yearbook, Theater, etc.)