School Counselors: Mrs. Ward & Mr. Immerman
2020-21 School Year Mrs. Ward Grades 3, 4 & 5 Mr. Immerman Grades K, 1, & 2
15030 15031 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL COVID-19 INFORMATION: THE TABS ON THE LEFT HAVE BEEN REORGANIZED SO THAT YOU CAN FIND A TOPIC OF INTEREST MORE EASILY. PLEASE CLICK THE TAB ON THE LEFT FOR INFORMATION FROM YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELORS RELATED TO HELPING PARENTS AND STUDENTS DEAL WITH THE DISRUPTION TO OUR DAILY LIVES.During the school closures, school counselors are available to consult with parents, students and teachers. Please reach out via email to your child's school counselor if you would like to speak with them directly. If you leave a voicemail it directly transfers to the counselor's email, so that they can return your call in a timely fashion.Under ordinary conditions during the school year the school counselor is available to consult with students, staff, outside agencies, and parents concerning a variety of matters that affect academic, social, or emotional growth. The social worker, and psychologists, work with the school counselor to provide a seamless flow of services. He/she also provides direct instruction in classrooms on a variety of topics and leads important student activities such as Community Service Programs, FISH (Families in Separate Homes), Friendship, Stress and various Social Skill Groups.
How the school counselor helps the students
The School Counselor...
- Teaches Guidance classes to all grade levels
- Facilitates small groups.
- Meets with students individually to provide short term assistance when they are facing difficulty (examples, social issues, family changes)
- Coordinates community service group.
- Works as a liason to the parents and families.
- Assists in transition of new and transferring students.
- Serves as part of the Multi Tiered System of Support (MTSS) Team.
- Provides parenting classes.
- Participates in IEP meetings for students with special needs.