Our new dashboard was approved by the Centennial Board of School Directors on 1/12/21. This graphic illustrates in-person cases and will be updated daily. An alert will go out to families for any potential classroom or building closures.
As part of our planning for a phased reopening and recommendation process, Centennial School District (CSD) administration will be using the proposed core indicators, secondary indicator, and the implementation of mitigation strategies to guide our decision making. The CDC recommends the use of 3 core indicators. These core indicators include two measures of community burden (number of new cases per 100,000 persons in the past 14 days; and percentage of RT-PCR tests that are positive during the last 14 days) AND one self-assessed measure of school implementation of key mitigation strategies.
Core indicators include one or both measures of community burden AND self-assessed measure(s) of school implementation of key mitigation strategies.
Measures of community burden
- The number of new cases per 100,000 persons within the last 14 days*
- The percentage of RT-PCR tests that are positive during the last 14 days**
- Level of Community Transmission Rate***
Implementation of mitigation strategies (ability to implement correctly and consistently)
- The school’s ability to adhere to the following key mitigation strategies
- Consistent and correct use of masks
- Social distancing to the extent possible
- Hand hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Contact tracing in collaboration with the local health department (if possible)
*Number of new cases per 100,000 persons within the last 14 days is calculated by adding the number of new cases in the county (or other community types) in the last 14 days divided by the population in the county (or other community types) and multiplying by 100,000.
**Percentage of RT-PCR tests in the community (e.g., county) that are positive during the last 14 days is calculated by dividing the number of positive tests over the last 14 days by the total number of tests resulted over the last 14 days.
***Level of community transmission is provided by DOH and PDE weekly with a community rating of low, moderate, or substantial.