- Willow Dale Elementary School
- Home Page
Cradles to Crayons
Service Project Opportunity,
in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,
for all Willow Dale students & families
Between now and January 30, 2019, our school will be holding our annual used children’s clothing and equipment drive for
Cradles to Crayons
Cradles to Crayons is a local organization that provides, free of charge, the basic essentials that low-income and homeless children need to be safe, warm, valued, and ready to learn.
Here’s how you and your whole family can help:
- Bring in gently used or new items (see list);
- Come to WDES on Wednesday, 1/30/19, 9 – 12 noon, to sort and bag all the donations; and/or
- Volunteer to drive to the C2C local site to drop off our school’s donations that same day.
We need to know who can help on MLK Day, (all children must be accompanied by an adult), and who is willing to drive to the drop-off site. If you would like to volunteer for either or both, please let Mrs. Kerber know at: email@example.com.
Sponsored by Willow Dale’s No Place for Hate Committee.
Donations may be dropped off in the front lobby of Willow Dale School, and placed in the specially marked containers.
Cradles to Crayons can only accept quality items--goods that “our” children will be proud to own, and which will help make them feel valued.
Help us by donating only clothes that are in good condition, baby equipment that is safe and sound, school supplies that are unopened, and so on.
New items are also gladly accepted!
C2C children need: Clothing (kids' sizes newborn–14/16 and adult size small); Shoes, boots, sneakers, and sandals (all sizes); Winter and rain jackets; NEW socks and underwear; Books (especially baby board books); NEW arts and crafts/school supplies; Baby supplies (especially crib & bassinette bedding); Baby safety equipment (especially strollers, pack-n-plays and car seats less than 6 years old); NEW baby hygiene supplies; Toys ( for children ages 0 – 2); Puzzles and games (for children ages 9 – 12); NEW toys; and, Batteries.
Immediate Needs, as of 11/30/18:
- Boys Fall/Winter Tops – 11/12
- Boys Fall/Winter Bottoms (Jeans and Khakis)– 4T, 5/6*, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12 & 14/16
- Girls Fall/Winter Tops – 2T & 11/12
- Infant Girls Fall/Winter Tops – 0-6 months & 18-24 months
- Gender Neutral Baby Fall/Winter Clothing – 0-6 months
- Brand New Socks, Underwear, and PJ’s – 2T to 14/16
- Gently Used or New Infant PJ’s – 18-24 months
- Brand New Infant Socks – 0-24 months
- Boys: 8-12 years (Youth Size Large or Adult Small)
- Girls: 8-12 years (Youth Size Large or Adult Small)
- Boys: 5-7 years (Youth Size Medium)
Coats – Sizes (Hats and gloves, too!)
- Boys: 0-6 months
- Gender Neutral: 0-6 months
- Girls: size 0-6 months
- Boys: size 6-12 months
- Boys: size 9/10
- Boys: size 11/12
*Our most requested coat size is 14/16 for both boys and girls*
- Boys Sneakers all sizes – 0 to 1 (Infant/Toddler) to 9.5 (Youth/Adult)
- Girls Sneakers – sizes 7 (Infant/Toddler) to 3 (Youth/Adult)
- Boys and Girls Winter Books all sizes – 0 to 1 (Infant/Toddler) to 9.5 (Youth/Adult)
- Baby Board Books (ages 0-2)*
- Chapter Books (ages 11-12)*
- Receiving Blankets*
- Baby Carriers*
- Diaper bags*
- Changing Pads*
- Burp Cloths
- Diapers – Sizes Newborn to 6
- Crib sheets & blankets
- Baby Safety items
- Bath Tubs
What C2C Accepts:
- Clothing (youth sizes 0–14/16 and adult sizes small)
- New socks & underwear
- New pajamas (except 0-24 months will be accepted in like-new condition)
- Shoes, boots, sneakers, and sandals (infant/child sizes 0–13 and adult sizes 1–9)
- Heavy coats, lightweight jackets, winter hats, gloves/mittens
- Books (baby board books through grade 6)
- New arts and crafts
- New school supplies
- Baby supplies (baby carriers, diaper bags, tubs, etc.)
- Baby hygiene (infant washcloths, towels, shampoo, lotion, wipes, etc.)
- Infant bedding (bassinet and crib only)
- Baby equipment, especially strollers and car seats less than five years old
- New and like-new toys (see below for exceptions)
- New batteries
- Click here for a more detailed list of our Donation Guidelines.
C2C Can’t Accept:
- We are no longer accepting cribs of any kind (due to recalls)
- Stuffed animals
- Car seats more than five years old
- DVDs/CDs/VHS tapes/computer games/electronics
- Religious books/toys, including Christmas/Easter/Hannukah/Kwanzaa related items
- Books about families (“I Love Mommy,” “Daddy and I”)
- Underwear or socks out of its package
- Military-related or violent toys/games
- Oversized plastic play structures and slides
- Large backyard toys, baby pools, and structures
- Used hygiene products/baby food/breastfeeding supplies
Used arts and crafts/coloring supplies
- Used sports safety equipment (helmets, shin guards, etc.)
- Bicycles or ride-on toys
- Furniture or household goods/items
- Any toy larger than 2′ x 2′ (must be small enough to fit into a carry-on suitcase)
- Used bathing suits, underwear or pajamas
Want to know more about Cradles to Crayons / The Giving Factory?
Go to: www.cradlestocrayons.org